The Fun on a String performances incorporate hand puppets, hand-and-rod puppets, marionettes, and object theater. The various puppets are combined into a variety show, which encourages audience participation. A brief introduction about the art of puppetry leads into a demonstration of how to make puppets from everyday household materials.
Most homes easily accommodate the performances with a minimum amount of rearranging.
- Space and time requirements:
- One hour set-up time before the performance.
- 45 minutes to dismantle the show after the performance.
- 8 feet of wall space and 8 feet of floor space.
- One grounded electric outlet.